Introduction to GERONIMO'S MEDICS
This all came about in an email chat last night with the publishers of Neil Barber's new 'Pegasus Bridge' book.
This true story is being released for the 80th anniversary of D-Day.
As I say, I have yet to read it, but in spreading the word to as many people as possible, it hopefully helps the charity.
On the morning of D-Day, two US medics parachute five miles inland from Utah beach. They land close to the French village of Angoville au Plain. With its 12th century church, this little hamlet will soon become a haven & sanctuary for both wounded American & German soldiers.
Written by the Normandy historian & battlefield guide Dale Booth, this is the story of two courageous young men who faced incomprehensible stress, who brought profound care & compassion, against the odds to save as many lives as possible.
This is a short story but I hope you agree it does sound a quite remarkable one.
Having spoken to the publisher myself, proceeds of this book go to the charity who cares for the village church & monuments in France.
You can order the book from the publishers website www.sabrestorm.com.
Cost is £13.99 & £3 postage.
Could I ask that if this book isn't for you, then please could you repost my link on Twitter/X to spread the word. The publisher is really hoping to raise as much money as possible for the charity.
Thank you. 🙏
Comments
Post a Comment