10 SCOTLAND STREET
10 SCOTLAND STREET

by Leslie Hills.
Anyone who has ever started researching their family tree will know of those moments of joy & frustration & the numerous rabbit holes that you end up going down. Well this book's author has gone several steps beyond this by researching those who have lived in her Edinburgh home & finding out as much as possible about them. Starting 200 ago.
Thorough Leslie's flowing narrative you will be led inside her front door to meet a variety of people with interesting stories to be told. We learn about their businesses & trades, as well as much of the social history of the street, the city & beyond.
Entwined within these fascinating tales are Leslie's own personal memories of family, friends & neighbours.
I confess that I tend to read & review mostly military history & that I have also never actually been to Edinburgh. The fact that I have enjoyed this beautifully written book surely proves that it can & should be, enjoyed by everyone. Highly recommended.
The paperback edition is published by Scotland Street Press & is available now.
I thank Leslie for organising this review copy.
Comments
Post a Comment