TO & ACROSS THE RHINE

DOUBLE REVIEW.
TO & ACROSS THE RHINE.
by Simon Forty.

A double review today from the same author. I read them back-to-back and they complimented each other perfectly. 

FROM THE RIVIERA TO THE RHINE follows the launch of OP Dragoon, the invasion of Southern France, and follows the movements of the US and French forces towards Germany as they liberate cities like Marseille and Toulon, before reaching the Maginot Line.

ACROSS THE RHINE then sees out the final months of the war. Following on from Arnhem and Operation Market Garden, (another excellent book by the author) this follows the Allied forces advance into Germany and the end of the war in 1945.

These books are stand alone reads, but I shall certainly be buying the others by Simon. 
They could be described as an illustrated series with less text, yet packed with incredible photographs and many excellent maps.
Some of the photos reveal locations as 'then and now', so fans of the 'After The Battle' series will also love these books.
High quality publications and I'm sure they will both prove excellent additions for reference alongside other books on these subjects.

The books are published by Casemate. I thank Casemate UK for these review copies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MITCHELL

THE DUMMY DRONE

ROYAL NAVY FORCE H: 1940-42