VICTORY IN THE WEST vol I & II

VICTORY IN THE WEST (I & II)
by Major Ellis.


Having previously reviewed other books in the eighteen part series of official histories of the second world war, namely those on the
Norwegian Campaign, the Battle for France and the Defence of the United Kingdom, I thought I would also share more from my own collection.

This is a two volume set, though I purchased the seperate Atlas that includes all of the maps in both volumes, for easier reference.
Vol I covers the period leading to D-Day, the invasion itself and the push across Europe.
Vol II includes Arnhem, crossing the Rhine and finally the German surrender. (I name just a few)

This set was written in the 1950's. Both the authors and researchers had access to all available files as well as being able to interview the commanding officers involved. 
Many books published since often refer to these books, such as their importance. 
I have no doubt that readers will find the content from both 1944 and 1945 covered by both volumes, to be fascinating. 

The set has been printed on high quality paper with excellent coloured maps. Like these below.

This set is published by Naval Military Press and is available now from their website www.naval-military-press.com. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MITCHELL

ROYAL NAVY FORCE H: 1940-42

THE DUMMY DRONE