BLOODY ROAD TO TUNIS

THE BLOODY ROAD TO TUNIS
By David Rolf.

I have had the pleasure of reading many excellent books on the North African campaign, but there are very few books that concentrate on Operation Torch and the battle for Tunisia.

Seemingly beaten, retreating and now being pursued by Montgomery, the Axis forces were reinforced with equipment, men and a strengthened Luftwaffe by the time of the Torch landings.
In what would be a tough learning ground for inexperienced American forces, it was both a costly and indeed bloody campaign for both sides.
The Allies would eventually be victorious and could then turn their attentions on to Europe.

I requested this book based on reading many previous online reviews and I too have found it a most enjoyable read.
The highly readable narrative describe many different battles that occured at the same time, yet it was easy to follow and many chapters began with a useful map to assist the reader.
A book I certainly would recommend and one I shall be pleased to add to my own collection. 

The book is available now and published by Pen and Sword Books. I thank P&S for this review copy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MITCHELL

THE DUMMY DRONE

LUFTWAFFE INTRUDER OPERATIONS OVER THE UK