THE WAR OF THE ROSES: VOL I
THE WAR OF THE ROSES: VOL I
By David Grummitt.
In this first of three volumes, David Grummitt reveals the military campaigns of the War of the Roses, backed with incredible knowledge from forty years of research.
At the beginning, David states that many previous books have followed the mistakes written in many earlier books. So here he takes a fresh approach to not only the many battles, but the locations where they supposedly took place.
After a brief introduction to what started the civil war, he begins in 1455 with the first of two battles that took place at St Albans.
This civil war would actually spread from England's shores and ahead across to both Ireland and France, before both Northampton and Yorkshire would also see blood split.
For a relative beginner like me who has only read a few books on this period, I have found David's narrative much easier to follow and appreciated both the maps and many photographs.
The illustrated artwork is also an excellent addition to the book.
This is a most enjoyable and engaging read and I will certainly look forward to the future volumes in this series.
This paperback edition is published by Helion and Company and available now.
I thank Helion for this review copy.
Comments
Post a Comment